The Battle of Kawanakajima is the highlight of the Uesugi Festival which draws crowds from all over the country to watch the warriors fight it out right before their very eyes. For those who wish to have a clear and comfortable view of the battle scene, this is your chance to get ahold of reserved seating at the venue! Spend your morning doing some sightseeing instead of scrambling for the best vantage points ahead of time.
Bear witness to an open view of the duel between Uesugi Kenshin and Takeda Shingen, the feared matchlocks of the Uesugi clan, and the clash between 800 warriors!
Date: 3rd May 2023 (Wednesday, national holiday)
Time: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Location: Matsukawa Riverbed, Yonezawa City (Battle of Kawanakajima venue)
How to Purchase
Price: 2,000 yen per pax (tax inclusive)
※ A souvenir and drink is included in the ticket price.
Advance sales tickets for the Battle of Kawanakajima will be sold via Rakuten Ticket (Japanese) this year!
Please note that you require a Rakuten ID to purchase tickets on Rakuten Ticket.
– Young children may watch the battle for free if they are seated on their caregiver’s lap. However, a ticket will be required if the child obstructs the view for neighbouring spectators.
– Seats are divided by area. When purchasing tickets, you may only select the area in which your seats will be located.
– Please collect your tickets personally at the convenience store and bring them with you on the day of the event.
※ Please understand that we are unable to reissue tickets or assist with unclaimed tickets.
Sale period: 1st April 2023 (Saturday) 9:00 am ~ 2nd May 2023 (Tuesday) 11:59 pm
Tickets will also be sold on-site from 10:00 am on 3rd May 2023, at the reserved seating admission area (Matsukawa Riverbed, Yonezawa City)
※ Tickets are sold on a first-come-first-served basis.
※ Ticket sales will end once they are sold out.
– Please have your ticket verified by the staff by 1:00 pm
– Tickets will be taken in exchange for the souvenir and drink.
– The event will proceed as usual in the event of rain, but it will be cancelled under severe weather conditions.
– We are unable to provide refunds if the event is cancelled due to poor weather conditions, natural disasters or for ticket cancellations. However, the souvenir will be delivered to all ticket holders via post.
Please contact the Yonezawa Tourism & Convention Bureau at 0238-21-6226 (Japanese).